The concert promoter who claims he was kidnapped because rapper Nas didn't show up for a scheduled performance is now suing the rapper for $10 million.
In December 2011, Patrick Allocco alleged that he was kidnapped in Angola because the rapper didn't show up to a New Year's Eve concert after allegedly taking his $300,000 performance fee.
Allocco told TMZ that he and his son were kidnapped by men working for a local concert promoter, who held him at gunpoint in order to turn him over to local authorities. Allocco says he was held against his will for 50 days, during which time he was beaten and threatened.
In a lawsuit filed on Friday, Allocco claims he sustained psychological, physical and financial injury during his ordeal, losing his home and company in the process, reports The New York Daily News.
According to court papers, Allocco claims that Nas received the $300,000 fee in advance, but instead of playing the show in Angola, he was in Miami attending a New Year's Eve engagement party at the home of basketball player LeBron James.
So far the rapper's camp has not commented on the lawsuit.