We've been thinking a lot lately about the chefs, musicians, comedians, actors and others whose career frequently takes them out on the road, into more airplanes, restaurants and hotel bars than they can count. When they finally settle back in at home, what do they want to cook for themselves? We asked, and they just started telling us! Find out their answers in our series, Homecoming Meals.
You may know Bridget Kelly as Roc Nation's R&B songbird. You may know Bridget Kelly as the voice who fills in on JAY Z's "Empire State of Mind," for Alicia Keys. You may know Bridget Kelly from her crazy-catchy summer jam "Street Dreamin" with Kendrick Lamar (no, but seriously go listen to that). You might not know Bridget Kelly at all, but we're pretty sure that's going to change really soon.
You better catch up quick, before this singer -- who just wrapped up a tour with Mary J. Blige -- completely blows up. In addition to the cheat-sheet we've given you above, you can also drop this secret bit of knowledge: BK makes a mean frittata. Here's what Kelly had to say about her go-to Homecoming Meal:
Breakfast is such a crucial part of my day, and since I'm always traveling and don't have a lot of down time, I like meals that are quick and easy to prepare. When I come home from touring, I love waking up and making something healthy and tasty.
Egg White Frittata with Arugula
8 egg whites
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 lemon, zested
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 packed cups of arugula
1 clove of minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg whites until they're a little fluffy. Add the cream, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet (make sure you have one thats oven-safe) heat the oil over medium heat. Add the arugula and garlic. Stir it all up until the arugula wilts, it should only take, like, 2 minutes.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and mix it all together. Cook, but don't stir it for 4 minutes.
- Then, put the skillet in the oven and bake until it gets solid, about 10 to 12 minutes.