My love affair with Trader Joe's started with a 16-ounce jar of coconut oil. I had spent weeks searching for this hair, skin and stir fry goodness before spotting it on the shelves at the homely grocery store. This $6 find convinced me to check out the actual beauty products at my neighborhood Trader Joe's.
Initially, I wasn't impressed. The section is the size of a standard New York City apartment closet (translation: not very big at all). But once I got over the lack of grandness, I could see that Trader Joe's made up for it with an amazing selection of cleansers, moisturizers and soaps.
Push aside the garlic hummus, veggie bacon and chunky salsa in your shopping cart and make room for the 10 best beauty products you can buy at Trader Joe's.
1. Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub, $6. Forget about forking over tons of money for some fancy salt scrub. This lavender-scented TJ's alternative helps to recreate a luxury spa experience right at home.
2. Tom's of Maine Deodorant, $4. If my armpits could talk (and I mean in a good way), they'd probably thank me for adding this aluminum-free deodorant to my beauty routine.
3. Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, $6. You can use this stuff for practically EVERYTHING. What else is there to say about it?
4. Trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Cream Shave, $3. I'm a sucker for anything that smells like mango, and this sweet citrus-smelling shave cream makes my legs feel like silk.
5. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo, $4. One of the best grocery store shampoos, hands down! It gets my hair and scalps squeaky clean with its cool, tingling formula.
6. Trader Joe's Enrich Face Lotion, $4. This fragrance-free, oil-free, non-greasy moisturizer may seem basic, but it beats out all the other frilly face lotions that just make my skin break out.
7. Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel, $3. After seeing before-and-after photos of natural hair bloggers who used this aloe vera gel on their curls, I was pleasantly surprised with the way my hair went from being dull and dry to shiny and moisturized.
8. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Pads, $4. On those nights when I barely have enough energy to remove my makeup, these cleansing pads come in handy. They get all the remaining mascara and foundation off with just a few swipes.
9. Bisous de Provence Green Tea The Vert Triple Milled Soap, $3. This heavenly bar soap infused with hydrating ingredients like shea butter and green tea is almost too pretty to use.
10. Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter, $5. You won't have to worry about dry, ashy skin if you smooth on this thick and buttery body lotion. Plus, it works wonders for cracked heels.
Beauty products you've probably never heard of:
Under-The-Radar Beauty Products
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)