By Marc Perry, CSCS, CPT
While losing body fat and reshaping your body is challenging, feeding your mind positive thoughts can make the challenge much more manageable.
That's why I compiled this list of inspiring quotes, which can help propel you to success in 2014. I hope you enjoy them.
Master Your Mindset
1. "The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes." -- William James
2. "He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty." -- Lao Tsu
3. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." -- Winston Churchill
4. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." -- Mahatma Ghadni
5. "Our life is what our thoughts make it." -- Marc Antonius
Consider writing down your thoughts when you experience sadness, or negativity. Becoming conscious of why you are having these thoughts can break the negative thought patterns. It's not by chance that half of the 10 quotes relate to mastering your mindset. Your thoughts and your mindset determine your actions.
Create a Plan
6. "Failing to plan is the planning to fail." -- Alan Lakein
7. "If you don't know where you're going, you will probably end up somewhere else." -- Laurence J Peter
With a well defined plan of action to follow, the challenge of changing your body can seem a lot less daunting.
8. "There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing." -- Denis Whitley
9. "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
It's easy to flail in the wind by pushing off decisions, but you can take action right now to change how you look and feel.
Believe in Your Potential
10. "In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it." -- Michelangelo
I really love this last quote, because when I look at someone who has fallen off the proverbial wagon, I see a lean, confident, and energetic person just waiting to be revealed.
This is the reason why I chose the name "BuiltLean" for my fitness company. I believe that you are built lean, it's just a matter of realizing your potential.
Reading over these quotes every day can be a life changer. It's hard to choose a favorite quote, but I would go with the quote by Michelangelo because it encapsulates my mission and belief.
What's your favorite inspirational quote?
More From BuiltLean